I am a 38 year old paraplegic and disabled man, I was

Customer Question
I am a 38...

I am a 38 year old paraplegic and disabled man, I was falsely arrested by the El Paso County Colorado Sheriffs. My home, vehicle and all the contents of my home were destroyed by teargas, i was shot at by assault riffles and after sitting in teargas for 2 hours I was dragged out of my house naked and sexually assaulted in an AMR van. I would like to sue the county. Many lawyers say i can get millions of dollars to indemnify me for what has happened but no attorney wanted to go up against the county Sheriff. How can i be indemnified for my pain and suffering and loss of property and win?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Colorado and the car was a 2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with adjustment so that i can drive...i am a single father to a 14 year old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Me and my mother sent and intent to sue letter to the county attorney and Monday we intended to file civil charges on the officers involved and the county. We have obtained the paperwork we just haven't filed for the court date or got subpoenas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that is all.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Colorado civil rights attorneys listed by location here.

It sounds like you need to bring in an out of town attorney, although the case will probably be heard in Colorado Springs.

I suggest that you retain an attorney prior to taking any other action.

I hope this information is helpful.