Does the oldest son have special rights or responsibilities…

Customer Question
Does the oldest son...

Does the oldest son have special rights or responsibilities in regard to our mothers finances.She is still alive but not quite of sound mind,that is,easily persuaded.She is selling the farm and there is quite a bit of money to be considered.She is staying in her house as its the grandson buying the farm, and he is going to build there.Two of my siblings want her to put most of the money in Real estate??Is this a good idea.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother says he is the advisor and its his responsibility. We found her a home to live in in the town but he says it was too dear She has over 1 mill $, so we think she has plenty of money .She needs an income as can't get pension so a little realestate is fine, just dont feel right about putting bit all into that.She is 87,and very fit probably see the 100 out

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. I am reviewing your question & will be with you shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After three days I have not received your professional answer to my question.
Thanking you in anticipation'
Jan.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, Please CANCEL any further action on this matter
Thank you,
Jan

I apologize. For some reason this thread stopped appearing on my end. Anyway, your question is not a legal one, but a financial one. i\I will opt out and let someone qualified answer. Once again, sorry for the error.

Tina, Lawyer