I have signed a NDA with someone who did not specify his/her…

I have signed a...

I have signed a NDA with someone who did not specify his/her company. I also found out that after signing the NDA the person has a non compete clause for exactly the same type of business. If i was ordered buy a court to testify for a criminal act or ciivil suit would my testimony nullify my NDA contract

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Georgia, there has not been any charges made against this person so far or has there been a civil suit been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

The person i signed the NDA with decided not to pursue his/or her business after he/or her didn't receive enough interests. This contract was signed in 2004 by me and I think it last for 25 years. I never officially signed a contract to be an employee by this individual. I know the NDA is still valid regardless. I was asked to gather as many e-mails as I could that were not customers of the company. After doing so this person refused to pay me at first and I responded by saying that some company out there would pay for them that did not compete in the same industry. The person finally paid me $200 dollars for the e-mails and I have we wen't ended any kind of relationship in regards ***** ***** business.This person has not given me a copy of the NDA so I don't have all the specific details on the business. this person has not been sued by anyone for monetary damages but this person was dishonest about the non compete he had in the first place and I wouldn't put it buy him to try and sue me for breach of contract by paying someone to testify against me. It has been 14 years since I signed the contract and I have not been issued an injunction or seize or desist document. I never attempted to form my own company in regards ***** ***** a competitor of which I do know would have been a breach of contract nor have a given any information whatsoever to his competitors. this person text me recently saying that I am pathetic and in 10 years or so he is going to come and visit me in some state run mental facility and I will be drooling all over myself. I think the contract I signed is good for 25 years and I signed it in 2004. I stand to inherit a lot of money around that time so his text imply to me that he is going to sue me for breach of contract and take all the money that i inherit. That is the only thing I can assume from his bizarre text. Please advise.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A NDA prevents you from disclosing to anyone "except as legally required by law," which means if you are subpoenaed to testify in court, you do indeed have to testify and it is not a violation of your NDA, since you are being compelled to testify by subpoena.

It is also not a breach of contract for you to sue him for the money he owes you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.