My husband Mom is not doing well health wise. She is wanting…

My husband Mom is...

My husband Mom is not doing well health wise . She is wanting to add his name to her condo completely paid for so they will own together and upon her passing he would be owner of condo

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has stocks in amount of 60000 we need to figure what we need to have ready so she doesn’t loose those fund to nursing home if it comes to that

3/10/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. I recommend that the house and the stock accounts (and any other assets she may own) be transferred into an irrevocable trust. Her son can be the trustee under the trust. When in the trust, the assets will not be deemed her assets, as the trust is deemed a separate legal entity.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney