My wife and I have been having the "Divorce" conversation a…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have been having the "Divorce" conversation a lot lately and I am just trying to get all of my proverbial ducks in a row.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If we bolth have been able to make an agreeable arrangement with each other, do we really need a lawyer?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Also we have 3 kids togeather. And I have no idea how to calculate for child support.
3/10/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

There is no legal requirement to use an attorney; in fact family law is the field of law where it is not uncommon to "self represent". However the process can be confusing and the lay person may not be aware of all of the laws/procedures so it is a good idea to hire an attorney, or to at least use one on a limited scope basis (to review documents to ensure they have the intended effect).

This explains that concept:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_aid_indigent_defendants/initiatives/resource_center_for_access_to_justice/limited_scope_unbundling.html

Here is a great resource for self represented parties.

child support can be estimated using this calculator.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.