I just purchased a car from a used dealer in California I…

Hi I just purchased...

Hi I just purchased a car from a used dealer in California I did a bank transfer for my down payment but I had to break it into two cuz the bank only let me transfer 2430 at a time the second transfer was for $570 all papers was signed the finance company already called and told me everything was done but now the dealership says I didn’t send the $570 and they wanna repo my car can they do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that the paperwork was signed that I payed the full 3000 and the finance company said everything was good to go and that my first payment with them is for April 7 and I even set up automatic payments with the finance company

Here is a copy
3/10/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today - do you have your bank statement showing the full 3000 paid to the company?

I sent them a screenshot of my bank transfer and he said that wasn’t good enough

Okay - have you called the finance company to make sure they got the full amount?

finance company said everything was done and they did a welcome call informed me when my first payment is gonna be due and and they said everything was good

Okay thank you - I would bring a copy of that document that you just screen shotted me, a copy of your bank statement and have the finance company send you a letter showing you are in good standing to the auto dealership. That will be enough for them to not attempt a repossession. Also, they would not be able to start that process without having multiple missed payments. Do not be intimidated by their sales people. You have all the documentation to show that you are paid in full and in good standing.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

Thank you so much for your help

You are very welcome - can you please rate me with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer