My question is when you get arrested in indiana what

Hello, my question is...

Hello, my question is when you get arrested in indiana what happends if all they do is take your picture to put with your belongings no bio,fingerprints ,dna and then they let you bond out.how is that a arrest case if your not booked in or is it ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Indiana and it was on friday march,2 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well the charges were sent to the proscuter office and a court date was givin. is that wht you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the charges are MCN-controlled subsantce,and pos.of meth and there was not ant drugs on anyone they said it was a piece of a cig wrappper that looked like some resun. but didnt show us anything they said they found

how long till i get a responds?
well i guess im not getting an answer so how can i jst get my money back?
3/10/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Sorry for the delay, but when you post your question in the middle of the night on a weekend, most attorneys, like most of everyone else, are either out or asleep and can't respond.

Yes, you were arrested. You were booked and given a court date. The fact that the police allowed you to bond out does mean you didn't go through the arrest process. It typically means that this is a first offense and that the police have no reason to believe that you won't appear on the court date.

If you fail to show up, you will not only lose the bail money you put up but a warrant will issue for your arrest. If there isn't enough residue on the paper to test positive for the presence of a controlled substance, that particular charge will have to be dismissed.

Hi Zoey, im Misty thanks for taking time out to help me get the right answer im looking for.
sorry i have no phone that is able to make or recive calls at this time

Hi Misty. No problem about the call. That's a premium service requiring an additional fee on top of what you've paid. We can proceed via typing.

So the point is, yes, you've been booked and arrested and that fact is now on your criminal history -- or will be as soon as the paper processing is done.

Have a lawyer for your case on your court date. Possession of meth is generally a felony.

even if it is a new law that came out jan.1,2018 that all that are arrested with a felony charge is required to submitt a mouth swab-dna- and fingerprints and a full bio?and how can you be charges with pos when you dont have anything on you? the resaoning for traffic stop was expired plates. so how can they charge me with another F6 MCN? oh then it changed to MCN/controlled subantace.and if they really did find a wrapper with resun donest it have to have enough to test it twice a field test and a lab test or it will be dismissed

so even if it is a new law that came out jan.1,2018 that all that are arrested with a felony charge is required to submitt a mouth swab-dna- and fingerprints and a full bio?

Yes. They will get the rest done, likely on your court date if the charge is going to remain a felony.

and how can you be charges with pos when you dont have anything on you?

There's a doctrine called constructive possession. YOu don't have to have the drugs on you to be charged with possession. It's enough that the drugs and you are in the same place and that the police believed you could have exercised custody and control over them at any time.

the resaoning for traffic stop was expired plates. so how can they charge me with another F6 MCN?

They should have also given you a ticket for the expired plates, but the fact that they only stopped you for one reason doesn't prevent them from charging you with additional offenses if during the course of the arrest/search/seizure they find evidence of additional crimes. You can challenge all of this at a pretrial hearing if you want to go to trial on this case.

oh then it changed to MCN/controlled subantace.and if they really did find a wrapper with resun donest it have to have enough to test it twice a field test and a lab test or it will be dismissed

Yes. I already mentioned that to you at the end of my first response. That could happen at the court date or a soon as the police lab reports that there is not enough substance to test.

I have to leave the computer to walk the dogs and get them fed. If you have further questions, post them and I'll follow up on that when I return. No need to sit and stare at the computer screen. JustAnswer will email you when I've posted again.

ok enjoy your walk and ill talk to you soon

I'm back and finished breakfast but leaving soon to run some local errands. I don't see any new questions about this incident.

I strive for 5-star service. If you require additional information, please post your followup on this chat thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it later.

Otherwise, if I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney