How can a get an address for someone so that I can have them…

Customer Question
How can a get an...
How can a get an address for someone so that I can have them served?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your civil procedure question today. I'm attorney Bill offering assistance to you this question. You can use that person's last known address as of record or employ a process server to personally serve them.

If neither of these are effective in serving process you need to go back tot he court and request that the judge allow alternate service by publication or email.

Service of process rules need to be followed to legitimize your civil judgment.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit only after you leave a positive feedback.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

There last known address was used but the they were unable to summons them to court..
This is a civil case that was originally filed last year in June but the court date is just now be heard...had a court date last month that I attended but couldnt proceed because they were unable to serve her...
Would you need their name?

You would file a request for alternate service with the court explaining your efforts in serving the defendant have otherwise failed.

The you would proceed for a default judgment by motion.

You would need to know the defendant's name; you could think about hiring a PI.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Her name is***** residing in Georgia

You can request the judge to alternate service by publication in a local newspaper.

Thanks

Attorney Bill