I have some debts, which were addressed in a bankruptcy a…

Customer Question
I have some debts...

I have some debts, which were addressed in a bankruptcy a couple of years ago. I had to cancel the bankruptcy as I couldn't afford the payments. Some of these are coming back to me now and I am being sued by Bank of America for a credit card debt. I was under the influence of the prescription drug, Abilify at the time these debts were occured. What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A bankruptcy was filed a few years ago, but we are currently supposed to appear in court for the BOA credit card on the 21st of this month. My husband is the true owner of that account but he is 65 years old and his work has filed for bankruptcy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much will this cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Will I be told ahead of time

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Trista Johnson, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Trista Johnson

G​ood evening. My name is*****'m sorry that you're experiencing this dispute with a creditor. I know it is stressful. I'd like to help answer your question but would like a bit more information. I know these are a lot of questions but I want to make sure I give you a thorough and helpful answer.

What are your and your husband's current sources of income? (I'm asking to determine if you are "judgment proof")

When did you last use the BOA credit card?

When is the last time you made a payment on the BOA credit card account?

Is the account in your name, too, or just your husband's name?

Were you both named in the lawsuit?

Can you tell me more about the prescription drug and how it effected you during the time you opened or used the card?

Did you file what is referred to an "answer" in the lawsuit?