Stayed at motel in Delaware, paid stay 2 nights. Was at

Stayed at motel in...

Stayed at motel in Delaware, paid stay 2 nights. Was at motel because of electrical outage in my town. Electric back on. Checked out at 10:30 am. Told desk clerk was staying second night. I was told they would not refund or credit my Visa card. Said no refunds. Didn't notice asign stating that. Located my receips, it doesn' say no refunds on receipt so. I am in titled to a refund since didn't stay second night, and made them aware when I turned in room key?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I live in Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/10/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your consumer law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your question demanding a refund for your booking.

Bookings are contractual subject to the terms and conditions of the booking.

If your booking included a cancellation option that when you presented to exercise was refused you would have been wrongfully refused.

Bookings that are non-refundable are more difficult to recover.

Under the circumstances the best approach is often to escalate your complaint by writing to the management.

In case of deceptive or unfair consumer practices in relation to your booking you could follow up with filing a consumer complaint or even a small claims complaint.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/complaint/

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating and feedback is what gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney