I am wanting to get a misdemeanor expunged off my record.

I am wanting to...

I am wanting to get a misdemeanor expunged off my record

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Kentucky, I plead guilty to official misconduct 1st, TBUT u/500. (4CTS), and PC 2nd, I was given 365 days probated 2 years, and 100 hours community service, all requirements were met.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont understand

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am looking at moving to another state and I know I will not be able to get a job in my field with this on my record

3/10/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

Kentucky law requires that you wait at least 5 years from the completion of your probation to file. Assuming you have done so, the first thing you'll need to do as part of the expungement process is file for expungement certification. The steps required to do so are explained here. Once you have the certification, you would then need to within 30 days file the petition for expungement (or have at attorney file it for you). There is a $100 charge for the filing of the petition.

Note that expungements are not automatic. Prosecutors are permitted to oppose expungements and a court is not required to expunge your record if a prosecutor objects

RobertJDFL, Attorney
RobertJDFL, Attorney