NC court order awarding full custody to paternal

grandparents and visitation to maternal...
NC court order awarding full custody to paternal grandparents and visitation to maternal grandmother who must be supervising the child when her mother is present. DCF removed the child from mother/father when child was 2. She is going to be 10 and is deathly scared of her mother’s anger. The maternal grandmother isn’t supervising properly based on reports from the child. Her mother humiliates her, manipulates everyone, gets into physical alterations in the home.DCF removed the child and placed with the paternal grandparents. The mother still cannot hold a job and cannot support herself. The paternal grandparents are besides themselves and worried about taking it back to court that somehow the visitation will stay he same or someone mom will get more. The child has been going to counseling and states she wants the paternal grandparents to adopt her. The girl goes over there kicking and screaming at this point. There have been incidents of assault at that home and disturbances.
3/10/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. Would you be so kind as to tell me what specific questions you had for me today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for providing that, but I'm still not quite sure what specific questions you had for me regarding this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can they do until they get into court to fix this. The child is being neglected and emotionally abused by the mom and the maternal grandmother is frail and unable to supervise. Can the child flat out refuse to go and police intervene? The situation is dire.
I'm sorry to hear that. What the grandparents should do is request a modification of the custody arrangements with the court. A court will take into account the best interests of the child in these requests and I the grandmother and mother are causing the child a lot of harm then the court is likely to furthrr limit contact by the mother and grandmother as well.
The grandparents should include a declaration that accompany their request for modification outlining the issues. The court will probably call a hearing as well. Moreover, if the child has been ordered to visit mom, she has to meet with Mom, but if you're going to keep her away, my recommendation would be to file a modification request ASAP so as to alert the court that you're only keeping her away as a result of the negligence by the other parites.
How else can I help you today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can they do until it gets into court? The child is scared to death and is traumatized when she has to go. Is there some sort of emergency report they can file?
They can keep the child away from the other parties, but if they do that without making a request to modify the visitation arrangement, they could be held in contempt of court. You could file an ex parte request, which is an emergency request the court can review. There's no guarantee, big it's what they can do. How else can I help today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think this is a good place to start.
Me too.
What other questions did you have for me today?
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer