Advice me on how to find a good attorney for a fair price…

please advice me on how...
please advice me on how to find a good attorney for a fair price and do I need to have one at this point or should I wait to see if I am charged at all. Thanks Frank Riley***@******.***
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

Hi, again. Give me a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Absolutely no need to find a criminal lawyer unless you are charged. The police were never involved, so the odds are in your favor that you won't have to worry about that. If you are, you'll get something in the mail telling you to appear.

We can't give you a referral to a specific lawyer or law firm. I mentioned the California Bar's Lawyer Referral Service. That's a good place to start looking when you need them.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=CA

For a broader selection, try www.Martindale.com. Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated to help you narrow down your choices.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. That makes me feel much better. Zoey

You're very welcome. If you are charged, which I doubt you will be, there are ways to come out of a first shoplifting offense without a criminal conviction for which you would be eligible. But it probably won't get to court.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You're welcome and good luck!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know anything about the retail shoplifting list Target is threating to put me on. If I pay the demand fee will they put me on the list, secondly if I don't pay will they put me on the list. Thanks

The retail shopping list will prevent you from getting a job at any of the stores who subscribe to the list. Whether or not you pay the demand fee, you'll be on the list.

The list is not public and is not part of your criminal background history. It goes out to merchants who pay a fee to subscribe to the list, and it's whole purpose is to help see to it that the stores don't hire people who would be likely to embezzle money or goods.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney