I am being accused by my husbands ex girlfriend of

Customer Question
I am being accused...

I am being accused by my husbands ex girlfriend of professional negligence. She has written a formal complaint against me to have my license revoked. What can I do? My professional reputation is on the line.

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She’s angry with my husband for their break up but she’s coming after me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

What is she alleging you did?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Allegedly I was upset with their relationship and told her she should seek therapy.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a licensed therapist and hold several other professional licenses. Now their asking for me to answer her complaints. I don’t want my reputation tarnished. I feel as if I’m being harassed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can I do? Can I file a harassment conmplaint against her?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

I'm back ...

Give me just a sec...

You can file a harassment complaint but it's not going to do much of anything... you DO need to answer the licensing board's request. Believe me, she's not the first ex-spouse that has filed a complaint against a new spouse. They'll see right through it...

You might want to wait and see how this plays out and depending upon what happens you can consider suing for defamation. But I'd wait to see what the licensing board does b/c it may give you more ammunition.

---

Reminder: Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney