Being sued they sent me an agreement for judgement and a…

Being sued they sent...

Being sued they sent me an agreement for judgement and a financial info sheet i cant afford to pay them should i sign so there is no court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed an answer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know should i sign thankyou

3/9/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

What does the agreement provide if you default?

Is the agreement going to be entered in judgment?

i believe so
it statesjudgement may be entered in this action

Then I would not advise signing if you can not make the payments.

Let them know that the terms are not workable for you and make a counteroffer.

You do not want to sign an agreement to be entered in judgment and then immediately default.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney