I own a home and rent out one room and private bath. We

I own a home...

I own a home and rent out one room and private bath. We signed an agreement stating that though the preference is for at least 6 months, either party can terminate the agreement with two weeks notice. My current lodger signed that agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Actually, I wasn't finished typing. I am in California and assumed you were too. At the end of February, he noted that he was not happy with my admonishments over various things.I let him know, verbally, that he should leave in that case. Two days later he paid me fcr the whole month of March. (He was thinking that if he could not find a place, he would have paid for the rest of the month). I let him know tht I did not want him to continue to live here and that he had two weeks., followed by an email I sent two days ago stating the same. I had also returned half the month's rent to him. Now he refuses to even speak to me. and there is more, but enough for now. I gave him until March 17, allowing for Feb. as a short month, but I am concerned that he my not go.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Formally, no, just the email to him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I became concerned when one day he was talking on the phone in a loud and angry voice (I mean scary angry, speaking in Arabic. So loud that I could not nap.I saw a side of him that makes me very uncomfortable, the reason I want him to leave in addition to the ways he is not respecting my home.

The mobile number given was incorrect. It is(###) ###-####but the phone is not on at this time.
3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us?

I want to be sure that given the signed agreement re: 2 weeks, than I am within my rights to expect him to move out by March 17.. That is less than 10 days away and I see NO signs of any intention to leave. Then the question is about what recourse I have to get him out. I forgot to note that he became especially angry when I told him I would be deducting one third the cost of the carpet clearning (total 150.00) I paid for the 2 areas where he had spilled food - in addition to another room in the house for which I would cover the other 2/3. Only after he moved in did I understand that he expected to be able to leave his second car, a van, in my driveway in addition to the car he parks on the street. The result is that when I move out of the garage I am forced to run over my own plants on the other side. The last straw: though I have requested numerous times that he use sheets and not the mattress cover to sleep on, ever since I made my announcement, he has refused to use the sheets. So- I have losts of reasons that I want him to leave. I want to know what I can/must do if he does not. Thank you.,
I prefer a written reply at this time.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to give him his notice in writing. If you have given him the notice in writing and he is not out by March 17, then your next step you have to go to court and you need to file a suit for eviction against him. So, yes, he must leave within the time you have given him if you have given him the notice in writing and if he does not then you sue him for eviction.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Is tht small claims court or some other court?

Thank you for your reply.

It is the housing court, which is like small claims court and it is in the same building.