I have been offered a licensing agreement for an invention…

I have been offered...

I have been offered a licensing agreement for an invention of mine by a co. named Global Express Manufacturing LLC. in Oak Brook Ill. They want $4000.00 to get started, does that sound right. I couldn't find them listed on the BBB, Attn. Gen. of Ill or the Sec. of State.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

You see that the BBB. - Atrny. Gen. or Sec. of State show them registered.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

That's why I'm asking you. I can't find anything on line.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes - Is it possible to sell the invention out right.

3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

These companies change names like you change underwear, which is why there actually is NO information on them. The BBB has no record of them at all, nor does the IL Attorney General. Also, if they are asking YOU to pay them up front money, then this is called an advance fee scam. If they want to license your invention, they should BE PAYING YOU and any fees they incur would come off of profits. There are so many of these advance fee scam companies out there, they will take the money from you and give you nothing but excuses.

If you want to bring your product to manufacture, you need to look for local manufacturing companies and they generally will not charge you up front, they will take costs out of sales.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Please ans. the second part of my ques. - is it possible to sell the invention rights out right?

Thank you for your reply.

You can indeed sell your rights outright to whomever you can find to buy the invention.