I have questions about a bank levi. Tn. I filed a bank levi…

I have questions about...

I have questions about a bank levi

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tn

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a bank levi against my past tenants and paid the 42.00 to have the sheriff serve those papers last week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is how long does the bank have once they receive the levy to pay or freeze the account. I am worried they will spend all the money or close the account

3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally it takes 7 days or so for the sheriff to serve the papers, but it depends on how busy they are at the time. Once the bank receives the levy the account is immediately frozen and they give the defendant time to file an objection to garnishment up to 15 days. Then after that time, if no objection is filed, then the money is sent to the court to give to you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

What happens if they do not have enough to cover the levi (5800.00)?

Thank you for your reply.

If they do not have enough in the account, you would have to file a new levy later on or seek to seize some other assets or garnish wages if they are employed.