I inherited a property and I don't know what to do now they…

Customer Question
I inherited a property...

I inherited a property and I don't know what to do now they gave me papers and said it's mine where do I go from here

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have paperwork from the lawyer saying the property is mine

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a deed of distribution

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. If the deed is not recorded, be sure to get it recorded.

You can then check the tax collector' office to see if taxes are current and paid for the property (including back taxes). If you are not going to reside on the property, you may wish to consider selling or renting the property. To determine current market value, it is recommended that you consult with a local real estate agent to provide an opinion of value.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.