I boought a car and it has factory malfunction and the

I boought a car...

I boought a car and it has factory malfunction and the company will not buy it back unless we purchase another vehicle which this has been going on 8 months and our credit went real low are they obligateed to buy it back without us purchasing another car

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Louisiana its a 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We been dealing with gm and supreme auto

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It caught on fire 12 days after we purchased it

3/9/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Im not sure I can pay $36.00 a month we live on dissability money

Thanks so much for your considerable patience on this. Sometimes, the system malfunctions and I lose questions until a customer responds and brings it back to the top of the list.

This appears to me that your vehicle may be a lemon. Generally, state law requires that for any vehicle not sold “as is” comes with a warranty that usually covers most of the parts of the vehicle over a certain period. Usually, the warranty is good between 12-18 months or anywhere between 12,000-18,000, whichever comes first. Generally, if the vehicle has at least 2-4 warranty problems that are not fixed over that time or mileage period, then the law considers the vehicle a “lemon,” meaning that the dealer or manufacturer must either repurchase or replace the vehicle.

So, the basic requirements are:

1. A new or used car.

2. Used for primarily personal use.

3. Not sold “as is.”

4. There are warranty issues that cannot be fixed within the warranty period.

5. You notify the dealer/manufacturer

6. The attempts to fix are made by the dealer/manufacturer or their authorized mechanics.

There are many lawyers in your area who do this kind of litigation and they may be able to help get you a replacement or a repurchase of the vehicle.

So, you may need to wait a little bit longer if you haven't met those requirements, but perhaps you could tell me whether they've been met?

We have not drove the car much it has less than 100 miles on it it's been at the dealership where it still is
I would like to call when my boyfriend is here so u can just explain this one time

I see what you mean. You can come back anytime. Did you have any other questions for me today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Not right now he will be home on Monday afternoon