Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My mom passed Dec 10th and the nursing home she previously

Customer Question

hi,my mom passed Dec 10th and the nursing home she previously was in before coming home to pass is suing me,they served me a citation for discovery on my moms assests . I went to court they continued it. I need to find an attorney to do an affidavid. court is next month. so much happened in court that I need to speak to an attorney,its a lot to type.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: my mom has nothing, she was a welfare person most of her life they are claiming my boyfriends house is hers. she only lived here 6 months then passed, he has owned his home for over 15yrs
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the judge ordered them to send questions that I'm to answer as of today I still haven't recvd any, I have called including today with no response or call back from them
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Was her name on the title, can you give me more information here,not sure how they connect mom to a house belonging to boyfriend?Is this a creditor or medicaid, some more information please.Thanks