I am tyring to evict a resident at one of my rental

Customer Question
I am tyring to...

I am tyring to evict a resident at one of my rental properties and i cannot find his lease. I live in Louisiana...Will this be an issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

On my end? no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, This man put his hands on me by shoving me a week ago!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Sure

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks so much for your patience. LA State law does not require landlords to provide a copy of the lease. If you are looking to evict the tenant, I would recommend finding a copy or asking the tenant if they have a copy so you can be sure that you're not breaching the contract yourself; however, you do not have to provide it to them, particularly if they are threatening you with physical violence.

How else can I help you today?