I had to leave massage therapy school because the owners and…

I had to leave...

I had to leave massage therapy school because the owners and their son were sexually harassing me, there is more to it, but I would rather speak one on one with an attorney more in depth..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed a formal complaint with the school, they suggested getting a restraining order or no contact form against the son, a sexual abuse advocate here in rock county was going to help me thru that process next week Tuesday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The dad (owner) is an acupuncturist and crossed many boundaries and I think he may have been malpracticing, it was extremely messed up. I can’t be in the building when he is there because I have panic attacks and I have to go in to get my credits transferred so I can go to a new school but I can’t really go in there.. there is so much to it honestly

3/9/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
What can I answer for you? I've read what you wrote but I don't see a question listed.

is it possible to sue in Wisconsin for sexual harassment? I had to leave my school, fell behind, and got caught up in their wicked family drama, I do not feel safe, still, the owners son is sick in the head, and has targeted me

Yes, any time you're the victim of sexual harassment you can sue on that basis.

I wouldn’t be asking to sue if the situation weren’t that bad.. how do I go about this?

You would first need to file a complaint with the EEOC and get a right to sue letter ("[Y]ou must file an administrative charge with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or a similar state agency. This is a legal requirement: If you file a lawsuit without first having filed a charge (called "exhausting" your administrative remedies, legally speaking), your lawsuit will be thrown out." See https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/suing-harassment-discrimination.html).

Thank you!
How do I file a complaint to the EEOC? I cannot find the link on their website to do so
Waitfound it

eeoc.org... do you need the complaint page? :)

https://publicportal.eeoc.gov/portal/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fportal%2f

Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating!
If I can ever be of assistance in the future, you can reach me directly by clicking HERE
or asking for me directly by putting THIS QUESTION IS FOR OLIVIA before typing your question.
It saves you from having to explain your situation anew, to a brand new person.