Was arrested for interfering with police procedure and then…

Was arrested for interfering...

Was arrested for interfering with police procedure and then tazed and maced in the jail am 53 years old and they say they will not appoint me.a lawyer because im not facing jail time, i have ptsd and did,are they still required to due to my mental illness

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Missouri and on jan 10th

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Its all confusing in winona where the jail is im being charged with failure to obey an officer and that where they tazed and pepper sprayed me but the arresting officers were shannon county and i just got a call from the prosecuting attorny saying they have nothing but when i talk to the sheriff who is holding my phone as evedence he says charges are pending

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ive contacted the FBI about the abuse in the jail

3/9/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hope so

I am sorry to bear bad news. There is a right to counsel for a criminal defendant, but that right only applies when the defendant is facing 6 months or more in jail.

So if you are not facing 6 months or more in jail? There is no right to a court appointed attorney.

The fact you have a mental health illness is not relevant in this regard (regarding if you are entitled to free legal help).

Now...the mental health issues may be relevant to the case...it may be you can claim a defense based on your mental health issues...but you will need to hire an attorney to represent you

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that they must provide you a lawyer but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do i need to tell again

SOrry...I posted an answer....can you see it?

I can repost

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Attorney
P. Simmons, Attorney