Tina, I would like to know the easiest and quickest way for…

Hello Tina, I...

Hello Tina, I would like to know the easiest and quickest way for property to pass from an elder to 2 grown children upon the demise of a parent. I'm 68, own a mobile home, car, personal property and I have 2 grown children: 1 50 yr old girl living in CO and a 42 yr old son that resides with me in Idaho). How would I go about setting this up?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Idaho, the car is 2002 paid for. The mobile home is 2017, paid for also.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Please explain.

3/9/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Do you have a will?

No
Not affordable
Would will be best way to go? Or ownership transfer? Or prefiled quick claim?

Sometimes people will put the other person's name on the property so when they die, the other person inherits the property. This would be in the form of joint tenants with rights of survivorship. Transferring property solely to the other person would mean that the person who owned the property would no longer have any rights to the property.

So, if someone does not want or can get a will, and wants other to get the property, they can put the other person's name on the property and hold it as joint tenants with rights of survivorship.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Thank you. I forgot about the survivorship. Appreciate your time.
The only thing wrong with this is the site itself.....

You are welcome. If you need assistance in the future, just let me know.