Recover money owed me. Florida. Nol. Co-signed a student…

Customer Question
Recover money owed me ...

Recover money owed me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nol

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Co-signed a student loan which is not being paid by the person no longer a student. What recourse do I have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Are you paying for it now, on their behalf?

Not yet

If you end up paying on the loan, you could sue them to recover the money which they owe and obtain a judgment. If there was an agreement that they would pay on the student loan and have failed to do so, they would be in breach of the agreement with you. Keep in mind though, that if they are not paying this loan, they may not have any money, so if you pay it and sue them and get a judgment, they may not pay you either, so you will be out what you are paying on their behalf. Of course, as a co-signer, your credit can take a hit as well, so if you want to protect that, you may want to pay.