I have what I believe is a simple question. Pennsylvania. Do…

I have what I...

I have what I believe is a simple question.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do i write the question now?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

What can I answer for you, please?

I could not physically lift 50+ pound boxes over my head, so i decided to quit my job. I mailed a simple letter of resignation on 2/23/18 with priority tracking. it was received on 2/26/18 I included my job ID Badge. They then wrote in a letter that I was a no call no show on 2/27, 2/28, 3/1; which is not true, returning my opened letter and badge back to me. Why would an employer do this. It's walmart dc.

I cannot know for sure as to the true reason. However if I had to guess, I would say because:

1) you can likely get unemployment if you quit for a valid reason (i.e. not being able to physically fulfill the demanding job); whereas

2) if they fire you, or you quit for no reason, then you cannot get unemployment.

Perhaps this is why. Perhaps they are setting this up to be a termination/voluntary leave scenario to avoid unemployment?

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Thank You! That makes sense. But I did find a better job that I can do physically. I'm finished

No problem. Good luck and I hope you find something that you feel comfortable doing.