I'm not sure if this is a question I can ask here, if not,

I'm not sure if this...
I'm not sure if this is a question I can ask here, if not, if you can please let me know. This is regarding regulation in Colorado Springs, Co. on a Sexual Oriented Business. Our troupe is a burlesque troupe that is independently contracted at a venue. Burlesque means that we cover our nipples with pasties and our genitals withunderwear. I am trying to confirm the age limit - Age Requirements - Most ordinances require patrons and employees to be 18 and older; 21 if alcohol is served. Alcohol and food is served at this establishment. They are not registered or licensed as a SOB establishment, but a venue with a tavern license. Burlesque has always been controversial as we indicate we cover the areas that would be considered indecent exposure.
We have policies that we make our troupe members sign and one is you must be 21 years of age. I want to confirm that you must be 21 years of age to perform in our troupe for safety and liability issues? Hopefully this makes sense? Thanks
3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under the CO Springs Ordinance, defines "sexually oriented business" to mean "an adult arcade, adult bookstore, adult video store, adult cabaret, adult motel, adult motion picture theater, adult theater, sexual encounter establishment, or other similar business" that features persons appearing in a state of nudity or live performances or photographic reproductions depicting or describing "specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas." See: Colorado Springs, Co., Code § 8-9-102 (1992). Furthermore, SPECIFIED ANATOMICAL AREAS are defined as:

a. Less than completely and opaquely covered: human genitals, pubic region, buttocks, and female breast below a point above the top of the areola.

b. Human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state even if completely and opaquely covered.

SPECIFIED SEXUAL ACTIVITIES means acts, simulated acts, exhibitions, representations, depictions or descriptions of:a. Human genitals in a state of sexual stimulation or arousal.

b. Fondling or other erotic touching of human genitals, pubic region, buttocks or female breast.

c. Intrusion, however slight, of any object, any part of an animal's body, or any part of a person's body into the genital or anal openings of any person's body or into the body of an animal.

d. Cunnilingus, fellatio, anilingus, masturbation, bestiality, lewd exhibition of genitals or excretory function.

e. Flagellation, mutilation or torture for purposes of sexual arousal, gratification, or abuse.

Colorado Springs, Co., Code § 8-9-102 (1992).

So from what you are describing, you would not likely fall under the SOB rules. 18 would be allowed to perform, but in places where there is alcohol 21 is safer for you liability wise.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank YOU! I truly do appreciate it! This is what I found but wanted to get an answer. Thanks

Thank you for your reply.