I take ambien 10 mg every night and I was prescribed

Customer Question
I take ambien 10...

I take ambien 10 mg every night and I was prescribed tussionex which has hydrocodone for my caugh. I also took that at bedtime. I also take niquil but did not take it at the same time a tussionex. I also have a pain pump which carries dilauded to my spine for pain management. it was not at a high dose 0.0010 mg/L. I was stopped by the police for something other then driving bad but when I told them I had the pain pump, they took me for a blood test at the hospital. the 3 nighttime meds were taken 20 hours before I was stopped and they still showed in my blood. but they all say it is safe to drive 8 hours after consuming. my BAC was .053, so I want to know if this can be considered impaired. like I said, the nighttime meds were 20 hours earlier so all that sould be at issue is 0.053 alcohol and .0010 dilauded. my life depends on this answer. thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take synthroid. carvedilol, and imitrix as needed. allergic to Compazine, toradol, and steroids. also take ambien daily

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 7 orthopedic surgeries which is why i have the pain pump

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You wrote that you were below the legal limit for alcohol and you have an implanted pain pump which presumably a physician can attest to being necessary. Why do you believe you would be deemed impaired under those circumstances?