I work as an independent contractor for Lyft. I am disabled…

I work as an...

I work as an independent contractor for Lyft. I am disabled and use this income to help with my Dr bills etc. Last night an angry abusive customer that never saw me accused me of being drunk or taking drugs because I passed on the way to the destination his gf put in the system. Lyft suspend me "temporary" without even looking into the people I had pick up and dropped off and I also can not get money I earned last night while they are looking into this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Idk I sent them my side of it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know if this is considered discrimation

3/9/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Basically I want to know if Lyft discriminated against me because I am disabled and a women and they shut my account down temporary on an accusation that I was drunk. I have been with them 10 months and have 4.9 out of 5 rating ( well untilt his abusive customer gave me a low score)
Is it discrimination due I have a case to sue?
No I'd rather type so I can have what you said for reference

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

So, generally discrimination applies when you are an employee of a company; not an independent contractor. But this just means you have to look to another area of the law.

If they suspended you without any real investigation, then this appears to be a violation of the implied covenant (promise) of good faith and fair dealing. Under the Uniform Commercial Code Section 1-304, every contract comes with implied promises from both parties that they are going to be acting fairly toward one another. The failure of one party to act fairly toward other can result in a breach of contract. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can just purchase, download, and go. Click here to get started.

How else can I help you today?

Thank you very much! You have given me an avenue to purse and I appreciate that because money is an issue for me.

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer