I purchased a vehicle in December and the dealership has yet…

I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle in December and the dealership has yet to send paperwork to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Georgia, who do I report them to. Thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Georgia, 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No and I paid the title fees at the dealership.

3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would report them to GA DMV Dealer Licensing unit ultimately, but first you need to send the dealer a letter informing them they are in breach of contract and if they refuse to submit the paperwork immediately, then you will not only file a complaint to GA DMV but you will sue the dealer in small claims for them charging you for work they have failed to do and breaching their contractual agreement with you to do so.

Most times, the letter will motivate them to move, but if they do not file within 10 days of your letter, then you need to file the complaint with GA DMV and also sue in small claims to get the documents processed and seek your monetary damages too from the dealer.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney