I purchased a motorcycle a year ago, and have made every…

Customer Question
I purchased a motorcycle...

I purchased a motorcycle a year ago, and have made every payment on time. Trying to get it registered whit p work dealer gave me and every time they tell me p work isn’t rite. I’ve told dealer about the issue and several times,now I’m being threatened repossession . What can I do? I’ve paid over $5000.00 so far and dmv says p work isn’t rite . NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Va but it’s not employment issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

At this point I’m being threatened repo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just I’ve made every payment on time and I’ve contacted dealer multiple times about issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I'd be happy to help you but I need to know what part of the paperwork isn't right.

Dmv said it says lease but I have a bill of sale and continue to tell dealer pwork isn’t correct

And what does the dealership say?

I have all p work I need but after several attempts at dmv thy continue to say it’s not correct

You have a couple of options. You can either tell the dealership you're going to sue them if they don't fix the mistake. You can actually sue the dealership to compel them to fix the mistake or you can sue the dealership for your damages (the costs you have already paid out). You can also report them to the state attorney general's office - because the more they don't want to address it the more it makes me think they're purposely doing something underhanded.

Is there any way thy can repo even though all payments have been made

The dealership can't repossess if you're making all the payments but you can still be fined for not complying with dmv requirements. I really do wish I could tell you otherwise. That's why it's so important to keep reaching out to the dmv or essentially force them to do *something* to fix it or compensate you. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.