Insurance for loss of use of home after total loss. Puerto…

insurance for loss of...

insurance for loss of use of home after total loss

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Puerto rico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, $40,000 coverage for loss of use of home after total loss. Insurance refuses to pay unless i provide proof of cash payments for rental of apt. for $3,000/mo.

3/9/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I would supply proof perhaps a letter from the recipient.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
the recipient refuses to sign a statement. the agreement was a handshake, as is custom in this rural area.
The insurer can confirm and you can show bank withdrawal and they can see his bank receipt!
If required, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Phone call session started
Hello. I am the expert that accepted your phone request. I have tried calling three times and the phone continues to ring. Please confirm your phone number and whether you still would like a phone call.