I received a letter saying that i won the mega lottery from…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter saying that i won the mega lottery from portugal spain i talked with a guy ned dr john and says in order fot me to get the winnings wichis 4. .500 000 million dollars us

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In california.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He said that the funds were put in a insurance bank

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if is ascam or not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is a SCAM.

DO NOT contact this person again.

You do not pay money to claim money that you supposedly won. For more information on these types of scams click here and here.

I am so sorry for dashing your hopes this morning. However, I have ethical obligation to tell you the truth eventhough you may not like read it.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.