Cancop yell at you and get in your face and call you a lyer…

Customer Question
Cancop yell at you...

Cancop yell at you and get in your face and call you a lyer with out any reel evidence and snap at you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

I was working on some property cleaning it up next to another property that no one is aloud on I drove my truck into the woods and couldn't turn around so I went stait to find a clearing so I could well I got stuck on the other property and had to cut myself out owner came with the cops and there two cops one had a bad adatitude so he decidided to search my truck I gave him no reason not to or said that he could he did it anyway didn't find anything my guns were in there they since I was tresspasing they get me on afelaony charge the one go in my face said I was there to go fishing just because I had fishing poles in my truck so he gets in my face yells at me and calls me a lyer and I told they were in there all the time I don't take them out plus I called him a asshole for being in my face he arrested me and took me to jail two or three hour later in jail he come in with a meth pipe and said he found it in my truck and was charging with criminal tresspasing and with the pipe that said it had meth in it

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well yes I think I was in jail for 16 hours and they gave me acopey of my arrest papers

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the officer has a history of being a hot head to alot of people

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. Cops can yell and get in your face and call you a liar. In fact, the US Supreme Court has ruled that they can use coercive and false means in order to solve crimes. There may have been things he did here that were not proper with regard to the search, but in general, the fact that he has a hot-headed personality is not unlawful.

Police take classes on how to get information, and applying pressure and accusing a suspect of lying is one way that they do it.

That said, as you are now facing charges, you would be able to confront the officer at hearings and trial if you want to fight this case, and try to establish that the police officer violated your rights and that his search and seizure of evidence was unlawful. If after the close of all the evidence at a pre-trial suppression hearing involving your fourth amendment rights, the judge agreed that the search was bad, the evidence taken during that search could not be used in court. If the meth pipe couldn't come in, neither could the felony possession charge.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.