I have a question regarding my dog he went missing on the…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** have a question regarding my dog he went missing on the 19th of February we called the police we asked everybody in our area code pretty much have a seen him with contacted Christian County animal shelter multiple times and nothing came of it today we found out about animal shelter on Fort Campbell So I got on their website and found a picture of my dog it was posted on the 23rd of February and it was also posted on the 28th of February he was adopted what can I do to get my dog back The animal shelter never had something posted day my dog was found they never contacted other animal shelters or police for a lost dog did they have found what can I do please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I Live in Kentucky really close to Fort Campbell which is Kentucky/Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have reported him missing multiple times since the 19th of February And have stayed in contact with animal shelters and local police

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

A​nimals fall under the category of personal property under the law. therefore, the dog is owned by you (just like a car) and you do not lose your rights of ownership unless you sell the dog or give the dog by gift to someone else. Just because the dog was lost does not mean that you lose your ownership rights.

Have you contacted the animal shelter that had the photo of your dog posted on their website? did you keep a copy of the posting as proof? You need to contact the shelter and make demand for information pertaining to the person that adopted you dog. If you know who adopted you dog, you can contact them and make demand for the return of your dog or you will sue them for conversion and for the return of your dog.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.