What is a declaritory judgement. Florida. I recieved one for…

Customer Question
What is a declaritory...

What is a declaritory judgement

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I recieved one for non payment of country club dues which is manditory where i live

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not late on my mortgage and have paid all my hoa and taxes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been an attorney for 20 years. A declaratory judgment is as it sounds - a declaration by the court of rights of the parties. It does not actually award damages/money or impose sanctions but rather declares what a contract says or what a situation is. If you have not paid club dues and you acknowledge they are mandatory or required, the declaratory judgment likely is a court's saying the per contract or deed or hoa regulations you are obligated to pay it. If you fail to pay it, the country club would be able to take the declaratory judgment into court and the only issue then would be not if you owe anything but merely how much you owe. I would reach out to the club and find out what they claim you have not paid and request an accounting of all amounts due and compare that to your payments to see if you do owe any dues or if they are in error.

If you need anything further, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This is for informational and educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.