I’m being sued: and his friend agreed to move me into a

Customer Question
Hi! I’m being sued: Josh...
Hi! I’m being sued: Josh and his friend agreed to move me into a friends home site unseen for $600.00 Then in the middle of the move they decided that they wanted more money. I felt coerced in agreeing to give them more money. We also agreed that I could make installment payments. I have not paid them yet because I was forced into moving out of said friends house. Because I did not have any tools (and they did not want to share theirs) I was forced into leaving my iron headboard, footboard, and rails behind. When I tried to make arrangements to pick my bed up later, Josh said no, I had to have everything out that night and anything left behind was up for grabs. I also had to pay a locksmith to get my stuff from the garage. I do not have a permanent address. But I do have a post office box. They have tried to send me legal papers certified but I refused them. What are my legal repercussions/rights?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening and I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate circumstances. If you are evading service of legal papers included court summons and complaint the court can allow alternate service in certain cases which could result in a default judgment being entered against you in your absence.

If you are being sued it in fact possible for you to counterclaim against Josh and his friend for the money in excess of the agreement that was demanded from you under duress.

Because of the amounts involved this is something you could undertake and sue for in the small claims court.

A contract formed under duress is generally voidable by the effected party-yourself upon court petition for relief.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit after you take the time to leave the evaluation.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I was reviewing your question posted and didn't receive a reply from you.

Have you found a legal solution or do you need any further clarification ?

I'm an independent legal expert on this site and receive a credit for my time only after you leave a positive rating.

Your brief time in this regard is appreciated.

By rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

Best

Attorney Bill