We live in Anne Arundel Co. Our neighbor has a video

We live in Anne...

We live in Anne Arundel Co. Our neighbor has a video surveillance camera that has a direct view into our bedroom, family room and backyard. We have expressed our objection to this nicely but she ignored our request to replace the camera with one focused on her property only. Our lots are narrow and the houses are only 10-15 ft apart. Can she legally maintain this camera?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

If you mean the neighbor, not as far as I know. But we have no way to know what she may record or what she might do with it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

3/9/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news. Can you tell me, where is the camera located? On their property? On the property line? Someplace else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The camera is on their house, about 10-15 feet away from our house.

THanks

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news. What you are describing is legal. That is, there is no law that would prohibit this. They can freely record, from their property, in any direction. Even if it is focused on your home.

I am sorry to be the one to have to bear this bad news.

Please let me know if you have more questions, happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please take the time to rate this answer so I may receive credit for my work

Thanks!

P. Simmons, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your answer, but this is an outrageous invasion of our privacy. I am going to contact our state representive.

Welcome. That is the way to proceed...the state COULD pass a law on this matter...perhaps they need to.

P. Simmons, Attorney