Not sure I am on the tight web site. I was looking online to…

Customer Question
Hi, not sure I...

Hi, not sure I am on the tight web site. I was looking online to check complaints against a rather unscrupulous online marketer named Anthony ***

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in LA but not sure where Morrison Publishing is located

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I just opened a dispute with Amex after Morrison Publishing group denied my cancellation request sent a few minutes after signing up for one of their online courses.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only thing is that in my explanation for a reason for cancellation I mentioned that I was recently in a serious accident with the death of a transient, am suffering from ptsd and am suffering from sleep deprivation, all factors affecting my ability to make sound decisions at this time and to be vulnerable to online marketing gurus...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Hi Zoey, I am not sure I understand as I did not have a chance to describe the issue I am facing I believe
I am low on cash and just charged 36$ to my credit card...

I think you made it perfectly clear what you were looking for. It requires time, however, for me to type an answer.

If you object to the charge, contact customer service at***@******.*** and they will refund you. If you're interested in an answer, this chat thread is a dialogue.

Let me know what you want to do as this is not a free service.

I am aware that this is not a free service, having just paid the 36$ fee
I do not have the extra cash at this time gor a live call

Ah! Okay. I thought you might have been asking for a refund. I misunderstood.

Please give me some tiime to type an answer to you.

I was asking for a refund ! I am sorry, I did not see your earlier response yet...

Okay. Contact customer service and they'll take care of that.

Good luck.

Sorry, I was not asking for a refund for JUST ANSWER but from the Morrison Publishing scamming on line marketing company...
Hi Zoey, I need to clarify: I meant yes, I was asking for a refund from
Morrison publishing group

Thanks for clarifying. I thought you wanted refunds from us as well as them. I will type you an answer now.

Thank you. By the way, I checked this company online and they have quite a few complaints (Apparently, ClickBank stopped offering their courses a few years ago...)
By the way, I forgot to mention an important point which I have repeated;y made in all my communications with Morrison Publishing, that is that after signing up for their online course, I have made a point of not opening the email sent to me after signing up withy the login credentials and thus have not accessed/logged into the course server since I purchased this course by mistake.

We have had complaints about this company before, and so has the Better Business Bureau. In fact, they have F-rated them for a pattern of behavior that they do not like. You can read the review here. Pay attention to the column on the left where they say "Additional Information" and you'll see the basis of the rating:

https://www.bbb.org/mississippi/business-reviews/internet-marketing-services/affiliate-income-inc-in-madison-ms-235819100

You cancelled immediately, and hopefully you'll win your dispute with your card carrier if not, here's what else you can do:

You can contact a lawyer and send a strong letter to the company. Right now, you're not paying for anything other than for a letter, so the cost will be reasonable.

The letter should talk about their deceptive advertising and misrepresentations of their program in violation of the Fair Trade Practices Act and ask them to settle up with you. It should put them on notice that if they fail to do so, you'll exercise your rights under law. A suit under the Fair Trade Practices Act would result in treble damages if you are successful. Morrison Publishing has been around for a long time. A letter like this should scare a reasonable company into taking some kind of action to help make things right for you.

If that doesn't work, there are other things that you can do that don't cost anything. You can, for example, report them to the Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.org. You can make a consumer complaint with your State Attorney General's Office.

You can also send a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, since they are cracking down heavily on exploitative sites of this sort. You can find them at www.FTC.gov

Finally, if nothing has succeeded, you would have to hire a civil litigator and sue them for breach of their contract with you and for their deceptive marketing. That is apt to be pricey unless your losses are limited enough so that you can do this yourself in small claims court. But you may be able to find a lawyer who will take the matter on contingency. That's where you only pay their expenses and filing fees. The lawyer doesn't take his salary until he wins the case, at which point he gets about 40% of the judgment.

what type of lawyer should I hire for this letter?

Sorry for the delay. I am cooking dinner. A consumer rights lawyer would be who you would use if you actually wanted to sue. For the letter, a civil litigator in general practice should be able to do this for you.