My son is refusing visitations with his father, I take him…

Customer Question
My son is refusing...

My son is refusing visitations with his father, I take him to the designated drop off and he will not get out of the car. He is terrified of his father and threatens to jump out of the car or run away if he is forced to go with him, I am petrified of what will happen if he is forced. Can I be held in contempt if I am doing my part. I have had him to several counselors andi he is still afraid.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is in Ohio do you mean how old is my son. He is 11.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has been filed, but we are going to court to get things resolved, but my son is refusing, he is terrified, I had to have him on anti-anxiety medicine when he was going.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what happens if a child absolutely will not go because of fear and mental abuse.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. Please note this site is for general educational information and does not constitute legal advice; communications with experts of the site does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Okay
How old is your son?
He is 11 years old
here’s the thing – you are correct to be worried about possible consequences for not sending your son. You are much better off filing your own preemptive motion with the court regarding your ex’s parenting time and explaining all this to the court. Because otherwise it looks like you’re just trying to deny dad time with his child which no judge likes. Does that make sense?
No what do you mean by a preemptive motion.
Are you there
I mean, filing a motion with the court to ask the court to modify your ex husband’s parenting time. Or have it be supervised or something like that. Because otherwise you are in violation of the order – assuming there was an order that says he should have time with his child.

Hello. Is there anything else I can answer for you?