My husband died on 11 8 16..he had a credit card with my…

Customer Question
My husband died on...

My husband died on 11 8 16..he had a credit card with my name on it, I can't pay it, I have not pain on it for oh maybe a year and a half..they have to contact me but not really came after me, can they put a lean on our house?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I no of, I thought about filing for bankruptcy..but I hate to do that..the card is 13,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. Please note this site is for general educational information and does not constitute legal advice; communications with experts of the site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Since the credit card is in your name if you don’t pay they can get a judgment against you and pursue all of their legal options – including garnishment and liens.

Hello. Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Tina, Lawyer