The person we are trying to get out is a girlfriend. She was…

The person we are...

The person we are trying to get out is a girlfriend. She was living with the guy and his dad actually owns the house. The guy left and she is still there and won't leave. can we evict her. She pays nothing. the owner of the house pays everything and the girl & owners son just live there

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/8/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

How many days do we have to give her is my real question

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

How long has his ex girlfriend been living at the house?

13 years

Thanks for the clarification. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Since she has lived there for that long, you will need to go through a formal eviction process even though there is no written lease.

In order to do so you'll need to go into your local county courthouse and file a request for an eviction order.

There are often standard forms available to do this, you just need to inquire at the Clerk of Courts office.

Once that request is filed, an eviction hearing date will be set. The former girlfriend will receive notice of this hearing date as well.

Since there is no written lease, the hearing date should be scheduled relatively quickly, usually within 7 days of you filing your request.

At the hearing the judge should grant the eviction order. That order is legally enforceable by the sheriff's office to have her removed from the home.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones