What happens to the original registration of a vehicle once…

What happens to the...

What happens to the original registration of a vehicle once the title is transferred to a new owner?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida, 37 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Just title transfer to new owner in another state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will there be a fee?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What do you mean what happens to the original registration? Can you clarify? Yes there is a charge based on whatever you agreed upon with this site (the expert does not know what you agreed to with the site as they are not site employees).

Are all vehicle registrations kept on file from the day the vehicle we initial registered? In otherwords, if a vehicle is transferred to a new owner is the original registration purged?
or no?

Thank you for your reply.

No, the original registration is not purged. The original registration and title is cancelled and it is kept on file so the DMV can do a title history check if ever necessary. Those are public records and they are kept on file.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.