Wanted to know if Texas and DMV share data for Driving While…

Customer Question
Wanted to know if...

Wanted to know if Texas and Virginia DMV share data for Driving While Under the Influence (NOT alcohol)?

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Already said -- trying to get car tags & license in Texas. Have record that is almost 7 years old in Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Insurance was in Virginia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

4 speeding tickets in Virginia

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes Texas and Virginia do share this information.

Both states are members of the National Center for Interstate Compacts in which states have agreed to share drivers' information with each other, including DUI records.

You can view a list of the member states here:

http://apps.csg.org/ncic/Compact.aspx?id=56

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!