My drivers license was revoked for 10 years in 2001. I was…

Customer Question
My drivers license was...

My drivers license was revoked for 10 years in 2001. I was eligible to get them back 7 years ago. One of the requirements is to petition the judge in the court i was last convicted for release letter to state. How do i go about filing the petition

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Scott county missouri. Dwi and dwr. Got 3 and 3 yesrs to run cuncurrent. Done my time

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think. I have a driving while revoked charge pending and they went back to 2001 on my record to get the charges to make the new one a felony

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to file a motion in the court where you were convicted to reinstate your license. You have to present the proof that you have no other charges or citations for driving while revoked. So if you have a driving while revoked that is a new charge, legally the court is not going to reinstate your license until the DWR is settled since it is "pending." So you need to get a local attorney to seek to get the DWR pending charge dismissed in order to get the court to reinstate your license. Filing a motion to reinstate now would be a waste of your time.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get the dwr charge dropped if i bring in my drivers license. Which i cant get without judge approval
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a stoma and cant talk

Thank you for your reply.

You see you are in a catch 22, no you cannot bring in a driver's license because the judge will not approve the release because you were caught driving without a license when you were under the revocation. So, the judge will not issue the order to reinstate your license. This is why you need the local attorney and you cannot just do this yourself as you would like to do.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney