My dad has signs of dementia, yet he refuses to take an MRI.

My dad has signs...

My dad has signs of dementia, yet he refuses to take an MRI. His driving has decayed over the years to a point where we fear for his life and others. He has memory loss.. is there a way to get a court order for him to get an MRI?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We had him at an assisted care facility in Houston where we had doctors trying to get him in to an MRI. But a cousin of ours who is after his royalty money snatched him up and put him in an assisted care facility , location hidden by her to manipulate him in to changi my the will. Don't know what the doctors at the place we had him in has on record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all I have for now.

3/8/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can compel him if you have a POA. If you do not you can ask the court to compel by appointing you as a guardian.

Normally that would be done through an application by an estate litigation lawyer on your behalf.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

If my reply is fast and acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
POA? what is a POA? My sister Susan was the Guardian but when my cousin Lisa snatched him up he changed the will making her his caretaker.

power of attorney, which he can grant if has capacity. If anyone causes him to change a will under duress or fraud, that can be challenged in court, and also basis to seek a guardian to stop such manipulation.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney