I got it, Thank you for giving the information. How about…

I got it, Thank you...
I got it, Thank you for giving the information. How about start up a other business which is not related to my field let's say a restaurant, but having a U.S. citizen as a partner?
Is there any chance to change to business visa?
3/8/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Based on the conditions of the visa you are in the US with, you can start a business.That said, it is highly unlikly that you will be able to use the restaurant or another business you are involved with to sponsor your H1b visa because you would not have the employer/employee relationship. As an equity owner you will be considered an owner receiving compensation rather than a pure employee. Your new business could sponsor a H1b visa-- just not yours.Start-ups CAN become sponsoring business for a H1b visa. They have to meet all of the standard requirements of prevailing wage and such. They are put under additional scrutiny as to their viability. Proving that they have customers and sources of funds to secure the position of the HB1 visa holder. Depending on your total employment count, the start up also needs to ensure they don't become classified as HB1 dependent -- which triggers additional rules that make it difficult to hire the desired foreign national.The bot***** *****ne is that the HB1 Visa is not intended to be a path to residency for an entrpreneur.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer