I loaned someone $2400 with the understanding it would be…

Thank You! Yes, I...

Thank You! Yes, I loaned someone $2400 with the understanding it would be repaid to me in full? How can I recoup the money?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thanks!

3/8/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you have anything in writing or was it a verbal agreement?

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Verbal (plus the cancelled check)
Phone call session started

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm

Thank you