I have been separated for 2 ears and no divorce in sight, My…

I have been separated...

I have been separated for 2 ears and no divorce in sight, My husband put me on the deed in 2009 as a marriage gift and in a hot temper mood of his forced me to take my name off it...I understand he sold the property,,,Do I have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know my rights

3/8/2018
Michael Bradley

how did he force you off the deed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he held his fist to my head and stood ther while i told the lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cant afford the phone call sorry

I did not ask you for the phone call the computer system automatically asks if you want the call since some people are more comfortable talking as opposed to typing.

We can keep communication on the site.

No worries.

did you sign a new deed removing your name?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the lawyer said i did but i do not recollect signing anything

to be sure you would need to contact the recorder of deeds who can confirm ownership

what county are you in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they would not send me a copy of it with my signature and i do not know how to get one

the recorder of deeds can help you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am back in Canada but i can still contact them if you think they will send me a copy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if i am off it i have no leg to stand on right?

what county is the property in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
united states and we are not divorced and signed no legal separation papers

what county in PA

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
susquehanna

has the divorce been filed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it has not,,I cant afford it and he wont file

you would need to contact the Susquehanna recorder of deeds to see who the owner of the property is

you may be able to look online to see who is the owner

if a new deed was not filed then you could still be a record owner

in PA if the parties are separated in excess of 2 years then 1 party can petition the court for a divorce

but if there are marital assets available and an agreement can not be reached then it would go before a judge

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
whether i am on the deed or not i should be entitled to something?

potentially

in PA anything accumulated from the date of marriage to date of separation is marital

anything from before the marriage that increased in value from date of marriage to date of separation that increase is marital

401k value at marriage 100,000 value at separation 150,000 then the 50,000 increase is marital

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the property was his prior to our marriage..i understand by people that it is sold but have no proof...

the record of deeds would be able to tell that

I would see if they have the information on line

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have looked and cant find nothing...i have seen pics of the new house and it says it is still for sale so sent a message to the real estate to see if its been sold...no answer yet....this man is so underhanded anything is possible

since you are so far away I would do anything you can to retain an attorney

you do not need an attorney when it comes to equitable distribution they can help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do not have the $5000 retainer they want and i am 4 hours away

when it comes to divorce you are not going to be able to find an attorney who will do it for free

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not free you are right but i dont have 5000 up front...i am on old age pension

you could try Susquehanna legal aid to see if they have a low cost referral service

some helpful information that may help is below

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/pennsylvania/susquehanna-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge after I'm rated for a follow-up question.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough. The majority of my ratings, by far, have been 5s, which is extremely important to me.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today! Thanks in advance for rating me!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.

Michael Bradley
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your time and i will look into everything and get back to you soon....You have given me something to work with....Sandy...5 star rating for sure
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer